LAIDLAW RECOGNITION LETTER
AGREEMENT RE: RECOGNITION AND RELATED MATTERS
Laidlaw Transit Services, Inc., hereinafter “Employer,” and General Truck Drivers, Office, Food & Warehouse Union, Teamsters Local 952, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, AFL-CIO, on behalf of itself and all bargaining unit members, hereinafter referred to as “Union,” hereby agree as follows:
1. Based on the verification of the Union’s majority status by Region 21 of the NLRB on December 9, 2004 , the Employer recognizes the Union as the exclusive bargaining representative of all employees in the following bargaining unit:
All full-time and regular part-time drivers employed by the Employer at its facility located at 16281 Construction Circle West, Irvine, California; excluding all other employees, mechanics, technicians, utility workers, road supervisors, dispatchers, schedulers, reservationists, office clerical employees, managerial employees, trainees, dedicated driver trainers, guards, and supervisors as defined in the National Labor Relations Act.
2. The Employer and the Union will negotiate a collective bargaining agreement covering all bargaining unit employees prior to February 14, 2005.
3. The Employer and the Union will develop an interim grievance procedure with respect to suspensions and termination of bargaining unit employees, to be implemented pending execution of a final collective bargaining agreement as set forth in Item 2 above.
4. The Employer shall not discriminate against any Union Committee members or other supporters of the Union.
5. The Union will work with the Company in order to secure a new five (5) year contract for the existing services that the Company currently performs for the Orange County Transportation Authority, hereinafter “OCTA.”
6. The Union will work to establish a secure work preservation document helping to secure current Company jobs for OCTA operations.
7. The Union will use its political influence and community goodwill to ensure the Company’s ability to provide health insurance and an economic package that are fair to both Company employees and the Company.
8. The Union shall not pursue any claims relating to Company operations and practices prior to the date of this Agreement.
WHEREFORE, the Company and the Union enter into this Agreement on the 9th day of December, 2004.
LAIDLAW TRANSIT SERVICE, INC.
Vice President, Human Resources
TEAMSTERS LOCAL UNION 952
PATRICK D. KELLY